With delicious food and festive spirit, Diwali also brings pollution and diseases with it. With the high levels of pollutants in the air, it’s high time that we take the following precautions to save our selves and nature for our future generations.
Delhi Smog: Tips to Stay Safe and Cope With Air Pollution
Here I wanna give some tips to Stay Safe and Cope With Air Pollution which are below mention. Follow these tips to overcome infections and allergies.
Follow the below precaution to save yourself.
- Be aware of the air pollution in your surroundings.
- Avoid exercising outdoors. Even avoid going out for a walk.
- Limit the uses of your home appliances.
- School going children must avoid playing on the grounds.
- Better to walk, cycle or pool cars instead of using one vehicle per person for traveling.
- Avoid burning wood or trash in your surroundings.
- Avoid being in such an area.
Know the best time to work-out.
The best time for a workout is morning time. You must workout in closed-door gyms and not in an open-window gym.
How Diet helps in beating air pollution?
Diet plays an important role in developing your immune system. A good balanced home-cooked, healthy diet develops the immune system which helps fight against diseases causing germs and bacteria. During these days, you must have rich in nutrients diet as below which helps in detoxifying the anti-inflammatory and improve immunity.
- Vitamin C-rich foods like amla, lemon, oranges, mausambi, guava etc.
- Vitamin E rich food like sunflower seeds, bran oil, salmon, almonds, avocados, peanuts, pine nuts, brazil nuts etc.
- Vitamin A (Beta Carotene) rich food such as green leafy vegetables, orange and yellow vegetables.
- Omega 3 fatty acid-rich foods including fatty fish (salmon and mackerel) cod liver oil, walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds, etc.
Food that Helps in Allergies:
Food such as green tea, herbal tea or normal tea including ginger, black pepper, tulsi, and cloves are good for sore throat and cure cough. Natural anti-allergic such as pineapple, fish, kiwi, onion, overnight-soaked almonds, walnuts, figs munakka, etc are also helpful. Drinking adequate lukewarm water can keep your body hydrated.
Are Masks effective?
The masks are effective up to some extent. N99 and N95 MARKS are available in the markets easily and can control the inhalation of harmful pollutants up to some extent.
Ways to Keep Your Home Pollution-Free
1. Aloe Vera: Make room for the sun-loving plant, Aloe vera, to reduce indoor air pollution.
2. Spider Plant: Spider plants are surely a gift to beat indoor air pollution. Snake plants, Bamboo palm also get the job done.
You should also avoid using air fresheners and burning candles. As they have large particulate matter, which is not good for health. I hope this blog would be helpful to you to keep stay safe and cope with Air Pollution.